Bring Smiles to Seniors, Inc.
Due to senior isolation in Senior Communities we are experiencing unprecedented demand for our greeting cards. If you would like to help us continue delivering smiles, you will find a donate button link at the top of this page. Just $15 helps us get a package of cards to a senior community. If you are a card maker and are willing to include messages inside of your cards, that would be greatly appreciated since we have lost many of our school and civic group partners who normally decorate cards for us. We still welcome cards that are blank inside to use with our individual decorators.
Start your day off with an inspirational message from Ron's new book. A portion of the proceeds of the book is donated to Bring Smiles to Seniors. Order your book here or through amazon.com
Join Ron on his podcast and listen to his inspirational messages. You can click on the link below, or listen on Apple or Google Podcast, iHeartRadio, Spotify or most podcast sites.
The Love and Support Our Seniors Deserve
Our elders hold a special place in our hearts. From our parents and grand parents to our teachers, these individuals have influenced us in one way or another. Sadly, there are many cases where seniors feel alone and unloved because they no longer have a family or have simply been left alone by those they cared for. Our team at Bring Smiles to Seniors is aware of this situation and strives to address it.
Bring Smiles to Seniors works with schools, civic organizations, companies, government employees and indiviudals to make or decorate greeting cards that are donated to us. Our organization receives donated cards from a network of card artists all over the country and beyond.
These cards are delivered to residents of Senior Care communities such as nursing homes, assisted & independent living communities, home-bound seniors, and seniors participating in elderly nutrition programs.
Cards delivered since March 2016
Card delivery Journey
2016: 7,719 2017: 18,810 2018: 40,515 2019: 71,586 2020: 200,708 2021: 185,150
How to Participate
There are several ways that you can participate in our program. We appreciate any and all help we receive.
- If you are a card maker, we welcome handmade cards that are either blank or have messages written inside. It is totally acceptable to sign your name on the card. We just ask that you send the card unsealed. Blank cards are used with our school, civic (Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4H, and civic organizations), corporate and employer partners. General everyday "thinking of you" cards are best since we don't have any personal information on the community residents. We do provide donated birthday cards to communities that receive our deliveries so their residents can use them.
- We also welcome store-bought cards that are either blank or have messages written inside them. Additionally, our organization is open to receiving donations of postage stamps and stickers.
- Monetary donations can be made via credit card by clicking the donate link at the top of the page. Alternatively, checks or money orders can be made out to Bring Smiles to Seniors and sent to our address below. All donations go directly to the program as our staff consists of unpaid volunteers.
- If you are affiliated with a senior community and are interested in either delivering cards in your area or having us send cards to a community, reach out to us via email and we can add your requested community to our delivery rotation list.
- If you are a school, civic or corporate group that is interested in participating in our program, please get in touch with us by emailing the address below.
- If you know a senior whom you would like us to send cards to on a regular basis, please email us their information. We will add them to our mailing list. The only thing they will receive from us regularly is a card.
- If you would like to decorate cards for us, we can provide you a packet of cards in which you can write messages. This is for either individuals or groups. Just email us at [email protected]
- If you are interested in writing to seniors directly, we have a private Facebook group called Lola's Smile Bunch you are welcome to join after answering a few brief questions.
- We provide receipts for all donations at the end of the year for tax purposes.
Bring Smiles to Seniors, Inc., is registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (EIN 81-2548045). Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. We provide receipts for all contributions at the end of the year.
"A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. WWW.FLORIDACONSUMERHELP.COM" REGISTRATION NUMBER CH48309
Our general mailing address is:
Bring Smiles to Seniors Inc.
PO Box 226
Odessa, Florida 33556
Email: [email protected]
In Michigan, our address is:
Bring Smiles to Seniors Inc.
PO Box 195
Williamston, Michigan 48895
Email: [email protected]
We are an all-volunteer organization with unpaid staff. Our staff members are as follows:
- Ron Tyson, President and Founder: [email protected]
- Linda Soto, Program Manager: [email protected]
- Renee Eisman, Mail Program Manager: [email protected]
- Diane Hill, Michigan Program Manager: [email protected]
- Liane Young, Manager, Special Mailings: [email protected]
- Becky Dehart, Manager, Special Events: [email protected]